The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering objective is to impart technical education to the students and to satisfy all the requirements of the industrial environment. The Department focuses on the basic knowledge in the area of AC & DC Machines, Control Systems, Power Electronics, Transmission & Distribution, Power System Analysis, Power System Control, High voltage Engineering, Solid State Drives, Renewable energy from Wind, Water and Solar. The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is a growing and one of the most sought after disciplines in the field of engineering.
The vision of the department is to be a premier and value based department committed to quality education with preparing students for success in Electrical Engineering and Technology profession.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is committed to
To provide quality teaching and enhance the creative talents of students with practical Engineering skills.
To prepare students to develop competent Electrical Engineer.
To motivate faculty and students to do meaningful research on social needs.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
Find employment in Core Electrical and Electronics Engineering and service sectors.
Get elevated to technical lead position and lead the organization competitively.
Enter into higher studies leading to post-graduate and research degrees.Become consultant and provide solutions to the practical problems of core organization.
Become an entrepreneur and be part of electrical and electronics product and service industries.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
Apply knowledge of mathematics, basic science and engineering science.
Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
Design/development of solutions
Design an electrical system or process to improve its performance, satisfying its constraints.
Conduct investigations of complex problems
Conduct experiments in electrical and electronics systems and interpret the data.
Modern tool usage
Apply various tools and techniques to improve the efficiency of the system.
The Engineer and society
Conduct themselves to uphold the professional and social obligations.
Environment and sustainability
Design the system with environment consciousness and sustainable development.
Interacting industry, business and society in a professional and ethical manner.
Individual and team work
Function in a multidisciplinary team.
Proficiency in oral and written Communication.
Project management and finance
Implement Cost effective and improved system.
Continue professional development and learning as a life-long activity.
Programme Specific Outcomes
On completion of Electrical and Electronics Engineering program, the student will have the following Program Specific Outcomes.
Foundation of Electrical Engineering: Ability to understand the principles and working of electrical components, circuits, systems and control that are forming a part of power generation, transmission, distribution, utilization, conservation and energy saving. Students can assess the power management,auditing, crisis and energy saving aspects.
Foundation of Mathematical Concepts: Ability to apply mathematical methodologies to solve problems related with electrical engineering using appropriate engineering tools and algorithms.
Computing and Research Ability: Ability to use knowledge in various domains to identify research gaps and hence to provide solution which leads to new ideas and innovations.
To improve the academic performance of the students
To organize conferences, FDP and arrange guest lectures
To achieve more satisfaction rating of customers
To consistently improve the placement of the eligible candidates
To be involved in research, mini-projects and technical papers for the industrial development of the country
To exhibit ethical and moral attitude, communication skills, team work and leadership quality, ability to adapt to the current trends through lifelong learning
In last ten years the department has transformed in terms of expertise, infrastructure and capacity
We have been organizing many Symposiums, Workshops, industrial visit, Guest Lectures and Skill  Development Programmes to encourage the students hone their personality and extracurricular skills
The laboratories are highly modernized to reflect the rapidly changing trends in technology
The Department has well-qualified faculty and excellent facilities for research
The faculty and students have publications in the reputed National and International Journals
Consistent improvement in Placement and Internship
MoUs with leading industries
POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LABORATORY
To develop simple programs using MATCAD/MATLAB for the following basic requirements
• Formation of bus admittance and impedance matrices and network solution.
• Power flow solution of small systems using simple method, Gauss-Seidel P.F. method
• Unit Commitment and Economic Dispatch
RENEWABLE ENERGY LABORATORY
• To train the students in Renewable Energy sources and technologies
• To provide adequate inputs on a variety of issues in harnessing Renewable Energy
• To recognize current and possible future role of Renewable energy sources
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY
• To expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines and transformers and give them experimental skill
• To expose the students to the operation and characteristics of Synchronous machines and induction motors
POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES LABORATORY
• To provide hands on experience with power electronic converters and testing
• To acquire knowledge on AC to DC converter circuits, AC to AC converters
• To Practice and understand converter and inverter circuits and apply software for engineering problems
CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTATION LABORATORY
• This lab provides knowledge on analysis and design of control system along with basics of instrumentation
• Illustrate adequate knowledge in the time response of systems and study state error analysis
• Examine the frequency-domain response of closed loop system
• Build a compensator system satisfying requirements
• Analyses the stability linear systems
• Develop state models for linear time invariant system